The Kin Crypto Challenge:
Take the Kin Crypto Challenge and build creative and addictive peer-to-peer Kin experiences into your mobile app or game. Take your mobile app to the next level when you integrate the Kin cryptocurrency into it with addictive Kin experiences that encourage social, peer-to-peer interaction, community building, and increased retention.
What’s possible with Kin
Kin helps you create amazing peer-to-peer experiences in your app. Kin is a digital currency, it's money, but it's built in a way that makes it really easy to send micro-transactions between users. You can think of Kin as a way for users to micro-gift each other in your app, kind of like a digital high-five. They can also use it to pay for digital content in your apps and games.
How to rise to the challenge
Developers participating in this challenge are required to integrate the Kin SDK into their platform and go live on either Google Play or the App Store. Each app has to incorporate at least one social feature with Kin. This can be a leaderboard, group challenges sponsored in Kin, user-to-user tipping in Kin, or anything else you can think of.
- Individuals, and teams of individuals, who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry
- The competition welcomes submitters from around the globe.
- However, individuals or organizations may be disqualified if they are based in a nation, state, province, or territory where U.S. or local law prohibits participating in the competition or receiving a prize. This includes individuals, who are residents of, and organizations domiciled in Brazil, Quebec, Cuba, Sudan, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Individuals or organizations may be disqualified if they are based in these locations that do not accept Kin: Iran, Libya, Hawaii, Alabama, Connecticut, New York, Vermont, and Washington.
- Integrate the Kin SDK into your mobile application and move to production.
- All apps need at least one social feature using Kin (leaderboard, tipping, group challenges etc.)
- Go live to either the Google or Apple app store and submit through the Devpost submission process.
NOTE: All participants are limited to submitting one project.
$81,000 in prizes
Up to 100 participants are able to receive an additional 300M Kin for going live in an app store and completing the Mini Challenges throughout.
$25,000 + Marketing Package worth $2,000
$15,000 + Marketing Package worth $2,000
$10,000 + Marketing Package worth $2,000
Best Improved App
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
Co-Founder of Swelly
CTO of MadLipz
Founder of Catpurse and Kin Bubbles
Founder of Love and Loud Music and Communications Manager at Kin
Is Kin used in a creative way that will increase user retention and engagement?
Implementation of peer-to-peer experience
Is there a simple and intuitive way to use Kin in a peer-to-peer transaction?
Does it have lasting appeal? Is it addictive? Would you use it again?
Is the app ready for prime time?
Is it easy to use with minimal explanations? Is it intuitive?